Sunday 5 January 2014

It's Christmaaaas!

Yes this post is very late as we're now into the new year but it wouldn't feel right not doing a Christmas 2013 post. This Christmas was completely amazing and I had such a lovely time celebrating with my family. However my celebrations did start very early this year as we had a big group Christmas meal at uni as well before we left. After the stress of organising that meal I will always appreciate a relaxed family Christmas where my mum is in control of everything! Saying that, it did turn out to be a really good night and a lovely way to end our first semester at Bath. I wore my Christmas jumper for the occasion, to be honest I don't recommend this in a hot university kitchen but I couldn't have Christmas without a jumper! We did a secret santa between the 11 of us which worked really well and added to the festive feeling even more! I spent the last week of term just getting ready for Christmas and doing some shopping in Bath because most of my lectures had finished and it was a lovely relaxing week. Bath really is a special place at Christmas, the markets are amazing and the light switch on was exciting a few weeks earlier, the whole feeling made me even more sure that I have picked the right place to spend the next 3 years studying.


Now onto the more familiar family Christmas! Our Christmas celebrations are from Christmas Eve through to Boxing Day evening and it's non stop family, fun, eating and presents. Part of me misses the magic of Christmas and Santa from when I was a child, however we still go downstairs early in the morning to open stocking gifts and the larger presents from each other. This year I was so lucky, some of my favourite presents included: new pyjamas, Dolce and Gabbana The One perfume, YSL touché éclat concealer, Lancôme make-up, chocolate, shopping money to go to Bicester Village with (new post to follow) and many other cute girly gifts! My parents also surprised me and my brother and have booked for us tongi back to Menorca for our favourite holiday again this year- I literally can't wait! 



Later in the day we went to my grandparents house for an amazing Christmas lunch followed by the tradition of watching the Queen's speech and then even more presents. The food was what I had been looking forward to all day to be honest. Last year I was ill around Christmas and couldn't even eat my turkey so definitely made the most of it this year! It was such a fun time with family members who I haven't seen that much since being at uni. In the evening we moved on to my second set of grandparents' house and repeated the same fun all over again, it was a busy but amazing day spent with all my favourite people. It's just sad that there is such a huge build up to Christmas Day and then it's over so quick! 

 
 
For my Christmas Day outfit this year I decided to wear all black making a change from blue for me! I wore a black sequin mini skirt which I got from Clothes Show Live a few Years ago now, a black long sleeved top, black shoe boots, my new oversized pearls that I had for Christmas, a black fur headband and I had loads of fun trying out my new make-up. There is something so nice about wearing new expensive make-up, it just feels so much better and at the moment Lancôme is definitely my favourite brand, Since I tried their foundation I have not tried anything else and don't think I will for a long time!  
 

Our boxing day was just as exciting, more food and even more guests- this time to our house so the celebrations continued for a couple of days. I hope you all had an amazing Christmas too- comment below and tell me all about it! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for any comments you leave, it means a lot to know that people are actually looking at my blog so please keep commenting! :) xxxx